Gold

BullionVault

22 Sept 2014

How we met

We met online. But there is so much more to that. We feel our story is not just any other online dating success story. We feel our story is more than that. That is why we have decided to start our blog with this post so that the reader gets the background as well.
It was the beginning of March 2012 when we actually started chatting for the first time. But how did we get to that point.
Well, my last relationship ended in about April 2007. That was the time I became a Christian and decided to adhere to the Biblical ways (no sex before marriage). So, since I was in my third year at university, I decided to just concentrate on my studies. I told myself that I would start looking for a wife once I graduate and have a good and stable job. And that was the case until 2011 / 2012.
Meanwhile, In Ukraine, Natasha was very busy with her freelance German teacher job. She would work in the evenings and weekends, which left no time for dating. Also, her very high standards as to how a guy should be, eliminated many of the potential candidates. She also started praying about her future and about the prospect of meeting a husband.
Back in the UK, by this time, I was really determined to find a wife. I thought that it was the right time for me. I was trying everything, inviting girls on dates, speed-dating, joining social networks, etc. Nothing was working, so finally, I decided to join a dating site, something I never thought I would do. I though only desperate people turn to online dating, and now I was one of them.
But which dating site?, there are so many. After some prayer, I felt God was saying that my wife will be from the land of my fore-fathers. So I joined a dating site where there were Moldovan girls, not knowing that some of my roots are actually Ukrainian. I had to pay £19, which I thought was extortionate, but Natasha is worth it.
Natasha had the same sentiments about online-dating. She thought it was just for losers. But at the advice of one of her students, she did it. She was determined not to write to anyone unless they write first.
So as it happens, we joined about the same time and within a couple of weeks of joining, we found each other. She was quite different than the other girls on the site. Very beautiful, confident and quite secure in herself. I liked her straightaway. So we would chat for hours and hours. We would laugh and really enjoy each other’s correspondence.

The Moral of the story

Keep looking for that right person for you. Know what you are looking for, otherwise how will you know if you have found the person or not. And online dating is not all that bad, if done sensibly and with wisdom.
Next post will be about the events leading up to the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment